Business Development Manager
Full Job Description
Mentor Creative Group (http://mentorcg.com) is a unique digital agency located in Seattle, WA. We take on projects ranging from web/mobile design and development, to multi-channel marketing campaigns. Our clients run the gamut from startup to global corporations, but most importantly, we are a creative incubator and a place for continuous professional development. Mentor is an environment where team members can experiment, learn, and push themselves. We do this by creating multi-disciplinary product teams and relying on each member’s knowledge to not only enrich the project, but to teach each other. The process creates professional growth and outstanding products.
Our business model is unique because it was designed for engagement flexibility. We often work with clients on a per project basis, but will even handle individualized staffing needs which allows for multiple sales avenues.
We are growing our sales team and looking to hire a full-time Business Development Manager. We want someone who is hungry and motivated to build out a network ranging from small businesses to enterprise clients. Someone who will regularly attend networking events and meetups. Someone who can generate new leads for our growing business. Someone who is not only a great salesperson, but also a great person.
- 2-5 years of Business Development experience in design/technology solution/services sales.
- You love sales and are motivated by personal and company financial success.
- You have a large existing network in the Seattle area and beyond, and could produce immediate results.
- Experience selling, growing, and managing over 500K annually
- You have experience with client business development, and want to help us land new and exciting projects.
- Experience selling to one or more of the following verticals: life sciences/biotech, healthcare/wellness, research and development, and emerging technology companies
- You have worked in an environment where you have been measured against sales goals and succeeded.
- A proven track record of success in client/vendor relationships.
- Experience working in partnership with Design and Development Teams who provide technical expertise.
- Ability to speak intelligently about custom website design and development, software creation, and creative marketing.
- Ability to create pitch materials and work with team members when new materials are required.
- Experience responding to, writing, presenting, and winning RFP’s.
- Experience working with other sales team members to win new business as part of a team in addition to on your own.
- Ability to travel when needed to prospect and/or close new business.
- You understand what it takes to deliver a high-quality user experience or technical development project.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills: outgoing, positive, has a proven ability to make and nurture genuine connections
- You like working in an environment where you can learn from and teach your teammates.
- You thrive in a setting that values transparency, collaboration, adaptability, and precision.
- In this role, you will assist in all aspects of the sales process to include prospecting, cultivating, and closing clients.
- Additionally, you will work alongside an established team of Project Managers, Software Developers and Designers who will provide pre-sales technical expertise and bring our clients’ ideas to life.
- Take ownership for an annual revenue target in support of meeting and exceeding quarterly and revenue targets.
- Learn our history, capabilities, and get to know our talented team to develop a deep understanding of our unique niche in the market and to collaborate with various experts most effectively across our team to maximize your ability to sell to prospective clients.
- Bring fresh ideas and approaches to the day to day prospecting for new business and have an established process to follow up with leads in your pipeline.
- Do your research on target clients, their company, and the industry they are in to better understand their business and to find creative ways to connect and support their goals
- Attend weekly networking events both in person and virtual in order to grow the Mentor brand and create new leads.
- Meet with new and existing clients weekly to present capabilities and grow existing relationships.
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Business development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Creative Agency: 2 years (Preferred)
What we offer:
- A collaborative team environment.
- Laptop and personal workstation.
- Annual conference benefit so you can learn among peers.
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance for full time employees.
- Generous paid time off
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Other fun surprises!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
We are currently operating hybrid. The team is in the office 3 days a week.
Want to apply?
Just send an email with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No robots scanning for buzzwords here, just some friendly humans who are excited to get to know you!